Why come to Couples Therapy?
We progress through the heady chemicals of early love and lust, through to cohabiting and integrating friends and family, and then making a longer-term commitment to each other. At each stage there is space for guidance and support to ensure that your relationship is set on firm foundations and given the chance to heal if these foundations are unstable.
You may seek Couples Therapy for the following reasons (for example):
- Unable to communicate effectively
- Unable to have healthy conflict and resolve long-standing issues
- Difficulty transitioning through life stages
- Wanting to understand how to build a conscious relationship
- Feeling disconnected from each other
- Feeling like you don’t understand each other
What to expect
Couples Therapy that is undertaken is based on the following:
- Gottman Method of Couples Therapy (Level 1 training completed) – this is an evidence-based method that strives to assist couples in achieving a deeper sense of understanding, awareness, empathy and connectedness within their relationships
- The work of Stan Tatkin who has developed PACT – a fusion of attachment theory, developmental neuroscience, and arousal regulation
- An emphasis on the study of conscious relationships – moving towards a new model of relationships that encourages growth, acceptance, unconditional love and ownership of issues
You and your partner are encouraged to have a 15-minute online consultation with me to determine whether you think it will be a good fit to work together. This is free of charge and is a good place to start the journey together.
The first session is 90 minutes long and is a chance to understand your relationship philosophy, history, core issues and therapeutic goals. We can decide how often you would like to meet and the length of each session.
Subsequent sessions will be focused on interventions that are specific to your core issues, with a focus on friendship, conflict management and creation of shared meaning. This is all underpinned with a recognition of the mind-body connection and tapping into your inner wisdom and healing capacity.
Book a Session
To book an online or in-person session, please get in touch below